Sunday, August 14, 2016

Week 9!-Faith, one crazy skype, and miracles

​This week was incredible! I can't wait to get out of here, but I can't believe they're sending us out! At some point I guess it just felt like we would stay here forever, and I just accepted that, but now we'll be in the real world in just a few days! I can't tell you how much I don't feel ready for this, but we're just gonna jump off the edge, and hope that we survive. Speaking of which, that's the first thing in the subject line.

This week we've had so many incredible moments where I just felt the spirit tell me what I needed to hear so that I could be better. The one theme that's been repeated over and over is that we need faith, and through faith we can do anything. Elder Anderson came to speak to us on Tuesday, and that really made me think about what I might be lacking faith in, and how I can trust the Lord to fulfill those weaknesses, and make me able to help other people that I run into! 

As for our crazy skype, we got to skype a memeber in Serbia yesterday, which was interesting, especially since we've been learning 90% Croatian, and 10% Serbian, so we just did our best to talk in what Serbian we knew, and then just filled in the rest with Croatian, since they're pretty similar. She was a very interesting and funny lady. She told us she played the harmonica, and my companion asked her to play a song for us, and she did! So we were serenaded by a harmonica, and everyone else in the room could hear it! it was quite funny. And then she told us to translate a verse we had just read into english, because she was learning english and wanted to hear it, but neither of us could do it, so I just read it out of my scriptures haha. Definitely a memorable experience.

OK, back to spiritual stuff. The last thing I'd like to talk about today is miracles. Miracles are things that we believe in, and they're pretty incredible. As I've been learning about faith, and had the opportunity to watch Ephraim's Rescue on Sunday, I saw that any miracle is only dependent on one thing, and that is faith. Every miracle in Ephraim's Rescue, every miracle in the life of Jesus Christ, and every miracle in our lives, have been and will be predicated on our faith. When we don't believe or have faith, that limits our ability to receive miracles. It's an incredible principle and I can't wait to apply it when I get out there!!!

This is it, my last email from the US! If I drop off the map for a few months, it might be because I'm in the middle of the Balkan states with no way to access internet so here goes! Just kidding I highly doubt that will happen, but hey ya never know. My P-Day should be Mondays, so y'all will have to wait a whole 9 days for another update! But it's also 8 hours ahead, so mornings there will be late nights here. I just wanna leave my testimony that I know this church is true, and it has brought me so much joy and happiness. Because of that joy, I want to share it with others, and that's what I will be doing for the next (almost) 2 years. I also know that a PROPHET of God called me to this crazy place that I will come to love! If that wasn't the case, there's no way in the world I would do this. But because I know that God has asked this of me, there is no way in the world I cannot do this. Doviđenja Amerika!

Starjesina Christensen (I got too lazy to change the keyboard settings :P)

P.S. If anyone wants to tell me everything ever about the Olympics I would love you forever :D

1 comment:

  1. Love reading this! It's fun to get his point of view on things. My daughter is one of the sisters in his district.

    ReplyDelete